Frequently asked questions
- Are the houses fully equipped?
- Yes, the houses are fully equipped. They have household linen: towels, tablecloths, napkins, sheets, blankets and pillows. The kitchen has all utensils for cooking, serving food and cleaning. In the bathroom there are towels, a couple rolls of toilet paper and hand soap. All windows and doors are protected with mosquito netting and curtains.
- Do the country cottages have Wi-Fi?
- Yes, all the houses have Wi-Fi and also the common spaces.
- Is it an isolated country cottage?
- No, the country cottages are in a village. L'Astor is an isolated and quiet village but at the same time it is close to shops and services. The nearest services are at 6 km (5 minutes by car) where there are medical services and pharmacy. Moreover, in the town there is mobile signal (especially Telefónica Movistar).
The home owners live next to the cottages in the main house of Cal Carulla. They will welcome you on your arrival and they will inform you and help you with everything you need during your stay.
- Is the usage of the Sensations heated pool included in the price?
- For stays of two or more days, the price includes an exclusive session of 1h 15' of the pool. For stays of one day or for an extra session the cost is 10€ per person and session.
- From what age do children pay?
- Babies from 0 to 2 years old do not pay. Children from 2 years and above that already need a bed are considered as an adult.
- If we come with a baby should we take a cot?
- Not necessary, in Cal Carulla there are cots and highchairs with an extra cost of 10€ per stay. Check availability.
- Extra bed
- In some cottages there are sofa bed and / or folding beds for people up to 12 years old with a supplement of 18€ per night, it is necessary to check availability in advance. No inflatable or extra beds are allowed if they do not belong to Cal Carulla.
- Could outsiders come to spend the day?
- External visitors are allowed, although the consent of the owner is necessary. In case of agreement of both parties, the external people will have a supplement of 7€ person/day.
- Could we bring pets?
- We like animals, but to ensure the good maintenance of the spaces and that everyone is comfortable we have had to limit and establish certain conditions. It is necessary to warn in advance to the owners that you will bring a pet. The maximum accepted dog size is medium breed (15kg max). 10€ per day will be charged for extra cleaning costs. Pets will not be able to access common spaces or remain alone in the cottage without control. A transport will be essential if it must be alone in the house. If there is any incident or damage the pet’s owner will be responsible.
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
- The check-in is from 5 p.m. and the check-out is before 12 a.m.
Although, if there are no bookings for the same day earlier check-in and later check-out may be possible, check with the house owners.
In the case of stays of only one night, if you want to check-out later or check-in earlier an extra cost will be charged.
- What is the minimum stay of a reservation?
- During the weekend the minimum required is two nights, and bank holidays have to be booked entirely. During low season there is no minimum stay. During summer high season the minimum stay is one week.
- How do I confirm the booking?
- A deposit of 20% of the total amount has to be paid or a credit card number has to be provided as a guarantee of the reservation. You will receive an email with the booking confirmation.
- How can I pay for my stay in Cal Carulla?
- You can pay by cash and / or bank transfer.
- Cancellation policy
- In case of cancellation 10 days before the reservation, the full signal will be refunded. Whenever we can, we try not to keep the signals. If we have time to change the dates of the booking, we will save the signal for another stay.
- Is wood and coal included for the fireplace and the barbecue?
- Yes, firewood, charcoal and tablets to light the fire are included in the price of the stay.
- How do group spaces work?
- When a group needs more than one house to stay, they have at their disposal a meeting room included in the price. In the case of a group of up to 16 people this room will be ‘L'Establet dels burros’, the stone dining room on the garden. In the case of groups of 17 people or more, they will use the multipurpose room. Availability check is required.
- Could I make a celebration?
- Cal Carulla has two rooms equipped for group celebrations. In case you would like to have a great celebration as a wedding, you should rent all the houses.
- Where can I buy groceries?
- The nearest town is Sant Guim de Freixenet at 6 km far away; there you will find products of proximity and also high quality groceries. We also recommend the products of the area in Calaf, Calaf Market and in Guissona Area.