Frequently asked questions
- Are the houses fully equipped?
- Yes, the houses are fully equipped. They have household linen: towels, tablecloths, napkins, sheets, blankets and pillows. The kitchen has all utensils for cooking, serving food and cleaning. In the bathroom there are towels, a couple rolls of toilet paper and hand soap. All windows and doors are protected with mosquito netting and curtains.
- Do the country cottages have Wi-Fi?
- Yes, all the houses have Wi-Fi and also the common spaces.
- Is it an isolated country cottage?
- No, the country cottages are in a village. L'Astor is an isolated and quiet village but at the same time it is close to shops and services. The nearest services are at 6 km (5 minutes by car) where there are medical services and pharmacy. Moreover, in the town there is mobile signal (especially Telefónica Movistar).
The home owners live next to the cottages in the main house of Cal Carulla. They will welcome you on your arrival and they will inform you and help you with everything you need during your stay.
- From what age do children pay?
- Babies from 0 to 2 years old do not pay. Children from 2 years and above that already need a bed are considered as an adult.
- If we come with a baby should we take a cot?
- Not necessary, in Cal Carulla there are cots and highchairs with an extra cost of 10€ per stay. Check availability.
- Could outsiders come to spend the day?
- External visitors are allowed, although the consent of the owner is necessary. In case of agreement of both parties, the external people will have a supplement of 10€ person/day.
- Could we bring pets? Do you accept dogs?
- We love animals and we accept them in the houses but the following guidelines must be accepted in order to guarantee the beauty of the spaces and the comfort of other customers:
- You must inform about bringing a pet during you booking
- The price is 10€/day per animal for the extra cleaning
- Dangerous dog breeds are not accepted and the maximum amount of dogs per house is 2
- Pets cannot stay in common spaces as the garden or the swimming pool nor alone inside the house. There are special ‘dog houses’ for them with water trough and protection from the sun and the bad weather, with limited access only to the owners.
- If the pet cause any damage the owner must be responsible for it.
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
- The check-in is from 4 p.m. and the check-out is before 12 a.m.
Although, if there are no bookings for the same day earlier check-in and later check-out may be possible, check with the house owners.
In the case of stays of only one night, if you want to check-out later or check-in earlier an extra cost will be charged.
- How do group spaces work?
- When a group needs more than one house to stay, they have at their disposal a meeting room included in the price. In the case of a group of up to 16 people this room will be ‘L'Establet dels burros’, the stone dining room on the garden. In the case of groups of 17 people or more, they will use the multipurpose room. Availability check is required.
- Could I make a celebration?
- Cal Carulla has two rooms equipped for group celebrations. In case you would like to have a great celebration as a wedding, you should rent all the houses.
- How can I pay for my stay in Cal Carulla?
- What is required to book a house?
- Yes, firewood, charcoal and tablets to light the fire are included in the price of the stay.
- Firewood & Charcoal
- Cancellation policy
- In case of cancellation seven days before the reservation, the full deposit will be returned if they make the reservation directly with the house.
Cancellation policy for Covid-19.
- Cancellation 24 hours before if they have personal health problems related to Covid-19.
- If the general situation of the state of emergency varies, we can return the deposit or save it for another date.